Saturday, June 7, 2008

June Issue, #4 of AT Blog Carnival will be a "Grab Bag" Edition


Assistive Technology Blog Carnival #4, Issue: "Grab Bag"
Deadline: June 27 for submissions; Will be up June 30.
Hi Everyone,
I am thankful for each and everyone of you that submit and read the AT Blog Carnival. I have really enjoyed the issues so far. I have expecially enjoyed hearing from folks that have sent various submissions on different topics. When we used the Blog Carnival Service and had a topic, people sent whatever anyway, and I felt that if it fit somehow, we should go ahead and share it. There were some great posts.

The BC service is not doing anything about the Captcha issue. I feel strongly that if we are supporting the use of technology for disabilty with our blogs, then we shouldn't support a service that won't support us. It is a direct contradiction. So... I need you to show your support for this AT blog. It isn't going to get tons of submissions from the networking within the service because we aren't using it, so if we want quality posts and numerous ones and we want to get to hear from more people, then we need to ask those we know to share. Spread the word about the carnival and let folks know that we are open to anything on AT - we are not limiting it - and get folks to send in a link to a post. It is a good way to make new friends and hear different views. I know I have gained so much from the editions we have done to this point.

I am calling this issue a "grab bag" because I am interested in opening this wide for folks to share whatever they have in their post archive or something new they would like to share on AT. As submissions come in, I will group them as well as I can into categories. So, we want to hear what you have to say. What have you been learning about AT lately? What new gadget has you intrigued? What new area do you think is a frontier in research and development for servicing disability? I am excited to see new technology that is linking us together in greater ways everyday. I see huge potential to interface people with disabilities via Internet into work where the mind is the thing, not the body - the playing field is so much more level.

So, get your creative juices flowing and let's get some posts.

Email posts to: lonthornburg@nolimits2learning.com Remember the deadline - June 27
All the best to you!
Lon

No comments: